The British Association of Balloon Operators in conjunction with the office of Fair Trading has drawn up the following Terms & Conditions
- All purchases of a voucher for a hot air balloon flight experience must be made on our standard booking form.
- Vouchers may be purchased by telephone if payment is made by credit card but you must send us a completed purchase form as soon as possible.
- This contract is made with you but you can give it to someone else. Providing you tell us in writing. These Terms & Conditions will still apply and “you” in the rest of these Terms & Conditions will then refer to that person.
- It is our intention that all the terms of contract between us are contained in these Terms & Conditions and in the brochures and associated documents (if any) issued by us. If you wish to rely upon any variation in these Terms & Conditions you should ensure that the variations are agreed in writing by us when the complete purchase form is returned.
OUR OBLIGATION TO YOU
- The voucher will entitle you to participate in a hot air balloon experience at a date, to be arranged, within 12 months of its purchase including, the preparation and inflation of the balloon for flight, a flight in a hot air balloon, a commemorative certificate signed by the pilot and the recovery of the balloon at the end of the flight.
- The voucher is not redeemable for cash
- Hot air balloon flights are completely dependent upon the weather and are regulated by The Air Navigation Order. It may be necessary to postpone a flight at any time if in our judgement the conditions are not safe or the flight would not be permitted under The Air Navigation Order. We will give you as much warning as operational procedures allow of any postponement, but in order to ensure your safety we reserve the right to postpone a flight right up to the moment of launch.
- It is intended that the balloon will be in the air for approximately 1 hour but the pilot has ultimate responsibility for deciding the duration and conduct of any flight and the appropriate time and place of any landing. We cannot guarantee that a flight will follow any particular direction.
- If we have to postpone your flight on eight or more occasions and your voucher is then valid for a period of less than two months we will extend the validity of your voucher for a further next three months.
- We will make you a refund less our reasonable administration costs (see note 9) in the following circumstances
a). If you die or it is certified by a doctor that there is no possibility that you will be or were medically fit to fly (other than by reason of pregnancy) during the validity of your voucher.
b). If we have agreed in writing at the time of the voucher purchase that the flight must be taken on a specified period of time of not more than one month and we are unable to fly at that time.
- If you are unable to fly during the validity period of your voucher because pregnant we will extend the validity period by an extra 9 months.
- Refunds in any other circumstance are at our discretion.
- Our administration costs are equal to the current minimum deposit
- We carry insurance to cover against the risk of any injury or damage to passengers and their belongings during the course of our flights in accordance with international agreements covering air transport. The level of cover varies from time to time as a result of currency fluctuations but is unlikely to be more than £200,000 per passenger and may be as low as £100,000. Further details are available on request. We will not be liable for any loss or damage to equipment and effects brought with you on the flight nor death or personal injury above the level of our insurance cover.
- We do not accept liability for any costs or expenses you incur if we have to postpone any flight, where the reason for the postponement is beyond our control.
YOUR OBLIGATION TO US
- Your voucher is valid for a period of 12 months from the date upon which it was bought. If your flight is not taken within that time you will lose the right to participate in a flight unless you have booked flights on eight or more occasions which have to be postponed or the validity period of the voucher has been extended for some other reason under these terms & conditions.
- You must contact us within 3 months of the purchase date shown on the voucher. Quoting the booking number on the voucher to make a first booking for your flight which must be for a date within 9 months of the purchase date. If you do not do so and do not take your flight within the validity period the voucher will expire at the end of its validity period and you will lose the right to a flight. We will not make any refund in these circumstances.
- If payment was not made in full when the voucher was purchased the balance must be paid ten days before the first date for which you book your flight.
- You must telephone to check that the flight has not been affected by adverse conditions in accordance with our instructions.
- You may postpone your flight up to 48 hours before the meeting time of your flight. Cancellations within the 48 hours up to the flight time will not be accepted.
- If you do not give notice of postponement in accordance with paragraph 5 above or do not attend in time to take part in your booked flight, you will not be entitled to a re-scheduled flight nor any refund.
- We are not qualified to express an opinion confirming that you are fit to fly and you must ensure that you are fit to fly. You must not fly if you are suffering from any serious medical condition, or have recently undergone surgery unless you have a certificate of your fitness to fly from your doctor. You must not fly if you are pregnant or under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Our paramount consideration is your safety and the safety of others participating in the flight and you must obey all requests and instructions issued by any of our representatives and take particular care to abide by any safety instructions given. The pilot has complete discretion as to whether to allow you to take part in the flight and will refuse to allow you to do so if in his opinion you would be a risk to the balloon, to other passengers or to yourself.
- We will not fly children under the age of 6 years old. A child under the age of 16 years old will only be flown if accompanied by a responsible adult.
- You should wear such appropriate clothing as is advised to you in advance of the flight and as further detailed in our brochure.